Monday 12 December 2005

25th anniversary of John Lennon's death


John Lennon
1940-1980

I completely forgot to post this last week, but on Friday December 9th @ 3pm (or Thursday December 8th @ 11pm New York time) it was the exact 25 year anniversary of the assassination of John Lennon.

I was only a little bub when he died, and can only imagine how the world reacted to his senseless murder. When I was in New York earlier this year, I visited the Dakota building where he spent the last few years of his life and where he was tragically gunned down after returning from a long day at the recording studio with his wife Yoko Ono. I also visited Strawberry Fields in the nearby section of Central Park, where I was surprised to see such a modest memorial for one of the 20th century's most talented musicians.

The world is definitely a worse place without you, John. But your music will live forever.

1 comment:

  1. Amen.

    RIP John.

    Brett "Bigger than Ernst Wanke" McBean

    ReplyDelete

Sing some harmonies here: