Sunday 19 February 2006

[OT] Yarra River from Federation Square

This is off-topic (hence the subject line) but here are a couple of photos that I took of the Yarra River from Federation Square tonight. They are a bit under-exposed, but when I tried to brighten them up with Picasa they lost a bit of sharpness so I thought I'd leave them as they are.

They were taken with my new toy, a Canon Ixus 55 which Matty kindly brought back for me from the US after I bought it online.

This is really just a test to try out Picasa's "BlogThis" feature :)

UPDATE: It seems that Blogger shrinks the pictures significantly, so now I'm hosting them myself. Click on the pictures to see them full-size.


2 comments:

  1. Nice! Now, do you want me to bring back a tripod too? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually managed to rest the camera on a rock when I took those photos, but the photo still came out under-exposed even with the obviously-long shutter speed it chose.

    I'm not sure if I have full control over the shutter-speed, but I haven't explored all its features yet. From memory, I don't think I do :-(

    I guess it's a sacrifice one has to make with such a small camera!

    ReplyDelete

Sing some harmonies here: